Tthis curricular unit intendeds to give the student an overview about the relations between the environment where we live and our health and health problems. For this purpose different themes that are crucial for the human health are discussed. The information about how to deal with our own mistakes that harm our health are kept to date. It is also intended to give the students the necessary tools to collect and integrate information in order to present and defend arguments and to make recommendations; Learning the methodology for the practice and promotion of policies in environmental health.
1. To show the knowledge and the understanding of specific theories of concepts and principles in environmental health;
2. To understand the complex relationships that exist between the environment and people’s health;
3. The capacity to collect and integrate information from different sources related with the environment and with human health in order to present arguments or make recommendations;
4. The capacity to investigate the ethical, political and professionals dilemmas that lead to new practices for the promotion of environmental health;
5. The capacity to develop ways to promote environmental health considering the factors that are involved and relating them in a holistic way.
“Ambiente, Higiene Alimentar e Saúde”
E-book; Editora Leya on-line – 2013 (Formato e-Pub)
Several texts available on the teaching platform
Continuous assessment is privileged: 2 digital written documents (e-folios) during the semester (40%) and a final digital test, Global e-folio (e-folio G) at the end of the semester (60%). In due time, students can alternatively choose to perform one final exam (100%).