In the end, students are expected to be able to
• understand how the edified heritage was handled throughout the 19th and 20 centuries;
• identify the main individual and collective participants in the protection policy of the heritage built in Portugal;
• identify the tools and means of protecting that same heritage.
• King John V legislation of August, 20th, 1721.
• The end of religious orders and monument vandalism.
• The Republic and the architecture heritage.
• Estado Novo and the action of its General Directorate for Heritage.