1. Introduction to land use management – History of land use management; Planning schools; Urban metabolism and sustainable cities.
2. Instruments of Land Use Management – National plans and policies, Regional Plans, Municipal Plans, Legal constraints (REN, RAN, Rede Natura 2000, ZPE, ZEC, easements, and other constraints);
3. Natural hazards and land use management – mass-wasting, floods, coastal dynamics;
4. Fundamental variables in land use management: biophysical and socio-economic variables;
5. Public participation in environment and land use management.