This CU aims to promote the acquisition of skills that meet the need that companies have to provide support oriented to decision making, resorting to the implementation of business intelligence processes through contemporary technologies and methodologies.
At the end of the training process in this curricular unit, students should be able to:
1. Understand the concept of digital transformation and data-driven organizations;
2. Understand the concept of business intelligence;
3. Know how to apply the main theories and methodologies of business intelligence.
1. Digital Transformation and Data-Oriented Organizations (SMAC, Industry 4.0).
2. Introduction to Business Intelligence.
3. Creation of intelligence and information governance.
4. Main theories and characteristics of BI.
5. Success stories and future perspectives.
Efraim Turban & Jay E. Aronson, Decision Support Systems and Intelligent Systems, Prentice Hall, 1998.
Bruno Cortes, Sistemas de Suporte à Decisão, FCA, 2005.
Evaluation is made on individual basis and it involves the coexistence of two modes: continuous assessment (60%) and
final evaluation (40%). Further information is detailed in the Learning Agreement of the course unit.