This course unit provides students with guidance in designing, preparing and discussing their research project, project work or internship report (in accordance to their options).
The aim is to deepen the methodological knowledge already acquired, applying it to a specific project.
Through a research or an action-research process, students are guided to develop critical reflection and debate, by developing collaborative work and discussion and promoting an awareness about their methodological options and aims of the research project, project work or internship report.
1. Capacity to formulate and define the research or action-research problem
2. Capacity to ground theoretically the study object and the research project or the internship report aims
3. Capacity to justify the methodological options of the research project or the action-research project
4. Capacity to recognize and justify ethical issues in the development of the research project or action-research project;
5. Capacity to prepare an original, rigorous and clear dissertation project / project work / internship report.
1. Definition of the problem(s) of study / action-research
2. Field(s) of theoretical foundation
3. Options and methodological strategy(ies) of the research / action-research
4. Ethical questions
5. Elaboration of the pre-research project/project work/internship report
Carmo, Hermano e Ferreira, Manuela Malheiro (2013). Metodologia da investigação: guia para a auto-aprendizagem. Lisboa: Universidade Aberta.
Fairclough, Norman (1995). Critical discourse analysis: papers in the critical study of language. London/New York: Longman.
Hesse-Biber, Sharlene Nagy (ed.). (2012). Handbook of feminist research. Theory and praxis. London: SAGE.
Neves, Sofia; Nogueira, Conceição (2005). Metodologias feministas: a reflexividade ao serviço da investigação nas Ciências Sociais. Psicologia: Reflexão e Crítica, 8(3): 408-412. URL: https://repositorio.ismai.pt/bitstream/10400.24/371/1/Neves-Nogueira2005PRC.pdf
Pereira, Maria do Mar; Santos, Ana Cristina (2014). Introdução. Epistemologias e metodologias feministas em Portugal: contributos para velhos e novos debates. ex aequo, 29: 9-21. URL: http://www.scielo.mec.pt/pdf/aeq/n29/n29a02.pdf
Quivy, Raymond e Campenhoudt, Luc Van. 1992. Manual de investigação em Ciências Sociais. Lisboa: Gradiva.
Note: Further readings and audio and video resources will be recommended during the semester at the e-learning platform, in accordance with students options about the final document.
Evaluation is made on individual basis and it involves the coexistence of two modes: continuous assessment (60%) and
final evaluation (40%). Further information is detailed in the Learning Agreement of the course unit.