This course unit studies a structured procedural programming language: the C language. It will provide students the necessary programming foundations and methods to advance to more complex and evolved programming languages.
• Identify the main concepts in order to apply them in other programming languages.
• Make small programs in a procedural programming language.
• Develop Data Structures and Algorithms for small problems.
• Variables, conditionals and cicles;
• Functions, vectors, procedures and recursion;
• Memory, structures and files.
Continuous assessment is privileged: 2 or 3 digital written documents (e-folios) during the semester (40%) and a presence-based final exam (p-folio) in the end of the semester (60%). In due time, students can alternatively choose to perform one final presence-based exam (100%).