The main objective of this course unit is to teach how Economics may be useful for decision taking within firms. It is structured to allow a connection between economic theory and practical business case studies.
Microeconomics and strategy
Public economics and firms
• Understanding fundamental business economic theories;
• Understanding how economic theories are useful for the study of business realities;
• Learning firm decisions from an economic perspective;
• Improving the capacity of building new advanced economic knowledge on the business context.
• Fundamental concepts
• Markets and firms
• Strategic behaviour
• State and firms
• Morgado, António José & Ferreira, Paulo (2021). Princípios de Microeconomia, Rei dos Livros, Lisboa.
• Varum, Celeste et al. (2018). Economia Industrial: Teoria e Exercícios Práticos. Edições Sílabo, Lisboa.
Complementary readings will be available online at Moodle platform during the semester.
Distance Learning / E-learning.
Evaluation is made on individual basis and it involves the coexistence of two modes: continuous assessment (60%) and final evaluation (40%). Further information is detailed in the Learning Agreement of the course unit.